Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
1) 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips
2) 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil,
3) 1/2 Tsp Each, Sea Salt & black pepper, garlic powder
4) 4 slices center cut bacon or pancetta
5) 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
**Optional**Chopped chives or scallions!
A) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and trim ends of the asparigus.
B) Coat asparagus with olive oil, add salt, pepper and garlic. Toss to coat well.
C) Bundle asparagus into 4 groups of 6 pieces.
D) Wrap a slice of bacon around each bundle tightly. Secure with a tooth pick if necessary.
E) Place onto a slotted broiler pan, bake 12-15 minutes.
6) Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
*If you have a thick cut of bacon, pre bake bacon in the oven for 10 minutes before wrapping. This will help avoid over cooking of the asparagus!