Skylander Birthday Cake
You will need:
3 Boxed Cake Mixes. ( I used 2 vanilla & 1 chocolate)
2 340g Can Vanilla Frosting
1 340g Can Chocolate Frosting
1 Small Tube Yellow frostingFood Colouring ; Yellow, Blue
Decorations: Coloured Sugar; Blue, Yellow. Gold Chocolate Coins, Fish Shaped Candies, Candy Bracelets, 1 unbroken Skore bar, 2 long wooden skewers, and 2 pieces of paper for the sails.
1. Mix together vanilla cake mixes, pour into a 12x14 rectangular baking pan. Bake according to boxed directions.Bake chocolate cake in a deep loaf pan according to box instructions.
- Place the cooled vanilla cake on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil, cover the whole cake with a very thin layer of vanilla frosting. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden icing.
- Place cooled chocolate cake on cutting board and cut off the 4 corners, forming almost a diamond shape, from a birds eye view.
- Mix 1 can vanilla frosting with blue food colouring, and half of the other with yellow food colouring.
- Remove vanilla cake from fridge, cover evenly with blue frosting, fish candies & blue sugar, EXCEPT for a small corner, where u will cover with yellow frosting, and yellow sugar, refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until frosting hardens a little.
- Place the chocolate boat shape and place on one end of the vanilla cake, place 2 of the corners you cut on either end of the boat. ( corners up) Cover chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
- Outline boat with small tube of yellow icing, add any other decorations you have. Add paper sails.(With the 2 remaining corners of the chocolate cake, I put a small treasure chest filled with stuff on the island)
- Open Skylanders and place them throughout the cake.